Welcome! Here you will find all of my prayer letters written ever since I started the ministry as a Missionary to Honduras, and then as I now am as a Missionary to the Spanish-Speaking People of the Americas. We hope to update this with our current prayer letter that we send out every two months.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

November - December 2013

For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day... we preached...the gospel of God.
(1 Thes. 2:9)
Dear fellow warriors in Christ Jesus our Lord,
 
The year has come and gone! We are that much closer to the soon return of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! (The sooner the better). But these last two months have been full of highs and lows.

TRAVELLING TO MEXICO
On December third, I flew to Mexico for two weeks. There, I spent a week in Monterrey at our home church, and then another week in Tampico preaching at a Spanish Bible conference. I had a great time, but I fell very ill with what I think was an amoeba, and was unable to keep anything down for over three days. I was so sick I was going in and out of consciousness while trying to rest. I also lost 15 pounds through this whole ordeal. It was horrible! (But in a bittersweet way. It’s always good to lose a few pounds! Amen?) But I endured it for the cause of Christ.
Even though I missed an entire day of the conference in Tampico due to illness, I was able to show my slide presentations during the rest of the conference on the topics of: the Spanish Bible, its history, and those people behind its translation. The people were very grateful, and enjoyed learning.

STUDYING THE BIBLE
While in Monterrey, we studied the Spanish Bible almost every day. We are looking at verses and scrutinizing them and checking to see if they are as close to the King James as possible. We had several 13 hour days and even one 16 hour day of study. We figured it out later that we spent about 54 hours in only four days of studying. Yet it didn’t feel like that long. When you really get into the word it is so comforting and fun! I love the word of God!

TRAVELLING TO SOUTH FLORIDA
After arriving home, and my wife nursing me back to health, we drove to South Florida to visit my wife’s family for the holidays. (My Mom was nice enough to travel from Oklahoma to stay with my grandmother for us to do this). We had a great time at my wife’s parents, but once again I fell sick. This time I got a horrible ear infection. I had to take anti-biotics and I spent three days in bed with other medicines that kept me in a drowsy state. (I don’t remember much of the trip!) It was fun though, and we enjoyed our time with family in spite of the fact that Emma also got the chicken pox. She’s only five, but somewhere she picked it up and gave it to her sister and cousins. So December has been a month of sickness all around.


CONTINUALLY TALKING TO PEOPLE ON THE PHONE
At home, I’ve been busy working on the Spanish Bible. I’m going verse by verse translating from the King James, and that is just for me, as I’m enjoying doing it for practice. While doing so, I’m also checking the Valera 1602 Purified, and if there is a place that it needs to be closer to the King James, I’m writing it down and sending it to our home church in Monterrey. They desire the work to be done correctly so we are reading and re-reading it. This is tedious work, but I’m so thankful for the E-sword Bible software program, which allows me to go verse by verse with the King James and the following Spanish Bibles: 1569, 1602, 1865, 1909, 1960, and the modern Gomez. I am sure finding a lot of problems in these versions! But I’m also finding what I’ve always known, that the Valera 1602 Purified is indeed the best. But that’s just my opinion after having gone through probably three-quarters of the Bible in these versions VERSE by VERSE.
While working at home in my office, I get phone calls all the time from hispanic people asking me Bible questions and wanting me to teach them doctrine. I answer them as much as I can, and it’s a blessing that they are reading my website and contacting me. Many want a Valera 1602 Purified Spanish Bible, and I’m able to point them to the publishing company in Tennessee where they can obtain a copy. They are so thankful. It’s so sad that modern Spanish Bibles are so horrible, with so many errors, mistakes, misprints, and problems. What a blessing to point people to the purest Spanish Bible out there!

PONDERING THE RETURN OF JESUS CHRIST
While I was sick laying in a hotel bed in Tampico, Mexico, trying to rest, but having to get up every so often to vomit, I had time to do some studying about something I’ve been hearing a lot of lately. That is the “Blood Red Moons.” Have you heard about this? This is really being talked about a lot by many Christians today, and it is quite interesting! It turns out that there have been several times in history when the moon turned red three times in the same year, each time during the three feast days of Israel. And, it’s about to happen again! Each time this happened, something big happened in Israel. It’s almost like these were signs that God gave Israel. The following graphic below gives several of these and the dates they correspond with:

This is amazing! For 1948 was the founding of the nation of Israel. 1967 was the six-days war, in which against all odds, Israel won against it’s oppressors. And the interesting thing about 2014-2015 is that during these up-coming red moons, there will also be several SOLAR ECLIPSES, something that hasn’t happened before. Could this be the year of the rapture, and the year when God goes back to dealing with the Jews? It’s an interesting topic. You can find more about it on Youtube by looking up “red moons.” I hear the famous TV evangelist John Hagee has a video on Youtube about it as well. (I haven’t watched it, as it’s very long, but I plan to do so).
With the way the world is going, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Lord was to come back in 2014 or 2015. If he doesn’t, well, a man can dream, can’t he?
Thanks again for all your continued prayer and support. We need it and them. Times are getting tougher, yet we find God is faithful. We haven’t missed any meals, (at least not on purpose).
God bless, and may you continue to preach the Gospel to the lost and dying world. I’ll close this prayer letter with a little poem I penned a few days ago. I hope it’s a blessing.
 
Because of Christ Jesus our Lord,
 
Robert Breaker
1 Sam. 12:24!


My poem:

Time is short,
The rapture near,
Sin abounds,
But have no fear,
Christ is coming,
Soon we’ll be gone,
The world won’t touch us,
When we’re with the Son!