Welcome! Here you will find all of my prayer letters written ever since I started the ministry as a Missionary to Honduras, and then as I now am as a Missionary to the Spanish-Speaking People of the Americas. We hope to update this with our current prayer letter that we send out every two months.

Monday, February 1, 2016

March - April 2015



Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.   (Phil. 2:16 )
 
    Greetings from the Breakers!

    Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to rejoice in the Lord, for often we allow ourselves to be swayed by our feelings.  I’ve done it, and I’m sure you have as well, as I frequently have to force myself to rejoice.  Sometimes it’s not easy, but then there are other times when something good happens, and you can hardly contain yourself!  When times are good, it’s easy to say “God is good!”  But when times are bad, it’s easy to keep silent and say nothing, and just mope around in a depressive stupor.  Yet the truth is, “GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD, no matter what!”  And we need to realize that.
    Part of the Christian life is learning to rejoice, even when you feel there is nothing much to rejoice about.  One of my favorite verses is Phillippians 4:4, which states:  “Rejoice in the Lord ALWAY: and again I say, Rejoice.”
    Sometimes it’s easy to rejoice.  Sometimes it isn’t.  But the hardest thing of all is to rejoice always. 
    Thankfully, we had much to rejoice about lately.  And it seems God is still using us for his glory!  For this we rejoice even more!  And, we’ve tried to be an encouragement to others to rejoice as well.  I hope you’ll also rejoice with us.

REACHING THE LOST WORLD-WIDE THROUGH THE WEB

    We’ve been busy passing out tracts and witnessing face to face for years.  But I’ve lately learned just how much of an impact you can have through a good, sound, Gospel-based internet ministry, as you not only reach people in your own area, but people all over the entire world! 
    As you know, last year I started www.thecloudchurch.org and www.laiglesiadelanube.com, in which I post weekly preaching and teaching video messages in both English and Spanish.  I never thought it would take off so quickly and reach so many places.  But God is really using it for his glory.
    I always heard of preachers speaking against “internet ministries” and for that reason, I steered away from them for years, having only a small website where people could learn more about me and my ministry (www.rrb3.com).
    But as I reported some time back, I visited jailed evangelist Kent Hovind and he encouraged me to start an online video ministry, teaching and preaching the word of God, which I did back in September of last year.  I never dreamed it would have such an impact on people’s lives, but it really is doing much more than I could have ever hoped!
    We’ve been getting many letters, emails, and phone calls from all over the world. One church in Kenya emailed and said they use what they learn from my videos in their church services.  Another group in Mexico is learning from the Bible Studies and using them in their church.  A man in Germany said there is no good church in his area, and he has enjoyed hearing preaching from the word of God, that he can’t find anywhere else.  I could go on and on with stories like this, as people all around the world are being blessed by these videos.  I’m also surprised where the people are from, who watch the videos.  I post each video to both Youtube and Vimeo, and these online programs allow you see what countries viewers are from.  There are people in China, Cuba, Yemen, India, the Philippines, and many other countries world-wide that are watching these videos.  I myself could never travel to those areas, but yet God is using this means to reach people in nations throughout the entire world!  Isn’t that awesome?
    The greatest blessing was in April when a viewer from Georgia emailed me wanting to ask some questions.  I emailed him my phone number and he called me and we talked for several hours, and I was able to lead him to the Lord over the phone!
    His background was Seventh Day Adventist, and his first question was “Do I have to get circumcised?”  He then asked questions like: “Do we go to church on Saturday or Sunday?”  and “Are we still under the law today?” 
    After going through the scriptures with him, and then showing him the Gospel, he saw the light and got saved!  He was so happy!  I remember him saying, “No one ever told me this before!”  Sometimes it’s just that simple.  People just haven’t heard!  (Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God).   Please pray for him, his name is Brian.
    After he got saved, his first thought was “I want to see my daughter get saved as well!”  Please pray for her salvation, as I’ve talked with him several times since, and given him a list of Bible verses on salvation, asking him to memorize them, so he can witness to his daughter.  He really wants to see her get saved as well.

WATCHING THE DEMISE OF THE CHURCH AGE AND ENCOURAGING SAINTS

    As we work for the Lord, we’ve been blessed to meet so many Christians lately.  (I usually recognize them by the bible verses they put on their cars), and we enjoy speaking with them about the things of God. 
    Yet, many of them all seem to be saying the same thing:  “Our church (and/or our preacher) has lost the power of God and our church doesn’t seem to be as effective as it used to be!”  They then tell us how hard preaching has ceased, and how many people in positions of authority in the church care more about “politics” than purity of doctrine and ministering to others.  Some even tell us how their Pastors have become distant, cruel, and even vindictive, oftentimes attacking the saints rather than ministering to them.
    I’ve seen this my entire ministry, but it’s heart-breaking that other Christians are starting to see this as well, and on such a large scale, as it’s happening in more and more churches throughout the world.  Because of this, church members are leaving their local assemblies in droves, most of them saying the same thing: “We are just tired of not being feed anymore.”  And many of them are good, godly, upstanding Christians, who have been “weeded out” by dictatorial tyrants who claim to be “pastors” of God’s flock, who are only interested in building themselves little kingdoms, rather than being servants to those who they claim God has called them to serve.
    Lately, we’ve met several families that were hurting because of what they’ve seen and experienced in their once sound, Bible teaching church.  We’ve invited them over to the house for fellowship.  Turns out they are good, godly Christians, but are very perturbed at how many churches are going the wrong way, and embracing the world and secular politics, rather than simply preaching the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
    Several of them also told us of what they’ve seen first-hand, and how there are many able-bodied and learned men in the church who are called of God to do something for God, but how many pastors today don’t have enough discernment to place them in a place where God can use them and they can exercise the gifts that God’s given them.  Because of this, they fill useless and frustrated, wanting to serve God, but having no outlet to do so. 
    I don’t know if Pastors today felt “threatened” by such people, but I’ve seen it as well, as some Pastors actually discourage their flock from serving God, rather than encouraging them to do something for Jesus, and enabling them to do so.  This hurts, and leaves Christians feeling like they are not important and therefore they get depressed and end up spending years doing nothing for Jesus Christ.  (I’m sure the devil loves this, and it’s all part of his plan to destroy the body of Christ in these last days).  That’s why I would like to encourage you!  If you are a preacher, pastor, missionary, deacon, Sunday school teacher, etc., to make sure you truly are a “minister” who is preaching and teaching the word of God, and lifting up others to do the same.    
    The fight is getting hotter today, and rather than sending more troops, it seems the Church as a whole is surrendering more and more ground to the enemy.  Often, it’s common in churches to hear preachers brag on themselves, rather than bragging on Jesus.  Lot’s of preachers today spend their time pushing “programs” “psychology,” “man-made denominational teachings,” “political affiliations,” “humanistic ideals,” and “social justice messages” rather than simply feeding the flock from the pure word of God.  But why preach what MAN says?  Shouldn’t we preach and teach what GOD SAID?
    That’s why I’ve always taught that there is no greater way to teach the bible than going verse by verse.  And no greater way to preach the Bible than under good, old Holy Ghost power, something that only comes by being fully surrendered to the Lord, and preaching his HOLY word, not being WHOLLY given over to the words of men.
    If only churches would get back to this, then there might actually be some revival in this land before Jesus comes back.  Sadly, I fear that this might not be the case.  Yet, I don’t want to get discouraged, but rejoice in those good, faithful men who are still preaching and teaching the truth!  Although many have fallen by the wayside, there are still a remnant who are faithful in preaching the BLOOD, the BOOK, and the BLESSED HOPE, which is what we are doing and what we hope you are doing as well.  And in so doing, in both good times and bad, we REJOICE!  We pray that you rejoice also!

    Rejoicing in the Lord Jesus Christ,

    Robert Breaker and Family
    1 Sam. 12:24!

When is Jesus coming back?

    From time to time I’ve thrown out some theories of when I think the Lord is coming back at the rapture, and I’ve always been wrong.  But, I’ve never stated that it HAD to be on such and such a date.  I always said it was a “possibility” and nothing more.  It’s always fun to guess.  Who knows, maybe someday I’ll guess right!  But until then, I’ll keep studying and hoping it’s today, and I hope you’ll do the same.    
    Anyway, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about something that I want to throw out for further thought.  Take it or leave it, it’s up to you, but it’s fun to think about when the rapture may be.  And lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about the whole “70 years” thing that Jesus spoke of.  With that in mind, here’s what I want to share…

    The modern Jewish nation was formed in 1948.  Seventy years later would be 2018, which is not too terribly far off.   Why 70 years?  Well, Jesus told us of some things that would take place in Matthew chapter 23, and they sound a lot like things that are happening today (earthquakes, rumors of wars, etc.).  In verse 36 in the same chapter, we read:  “Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.”  And in verse 34, Jesus says: “Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”
    How long is a generation?  Well, in Psalm 90:10, we are told “The days of our years are threescore years and ten…”  Threescore is, of course, 70 years.
    Because of Jesus’ statement about a generation, some are beginning to teach that if we add 70 years to the start of the modern nation of Israel (1948) we can find when the tribulation will start.  That means, according to them, that it should start in 2018, which also means the rapture must be in 2018.  Sounds plausible.  But I’m not too convinced.  I take a different approach, as I’ve been reading and studying a lot lately, and to me, it looks like THIS YEAR just might be the year when the Lord comes back.  Here’s why…
    Israel will indeed celebrate it’s 70th year of national existence in 2018.  But, in the Bible we are told that in the middle of the tribulation, Israel with be forced out of Jerusalem, and that the anti-Christ will take over and sit in Jerusalem, claiming he is God.  This means that the Jews must be in Israel worshipping in their temple before the antichrist comes.  So, if the rapture were in mid 2015, then that would mean there would still be 3 1/2 years until 2018, in which the Jews would still be in their land, worshipping God in their temple in Jerusalem.  But then in 2018, (if my theory’s correct), they would be cast out and have to flee, for the anti-Christ would come in and take over and rule in Jerusalem for 3 1/2 years according to the book of Revelation.  Make sense?  (If not see the chart below)
    That would mean that on their 70th year of existence, Israel would be forced out of their own land into exile, exactly like what happened in Jesus’ day.  (Again, see the chart below). 
    The book of Daniel tells us about “seventy weeks” being determined upon Israel, (not “seventy years.”)  Yet, some say that Hebrew word “weeks” can be translated as “years.”  I don’t know, but that would be interesting if it was indeed 70 years.  This would mean that the Jews would be in their land for exactly 70 years, before they were forced to leave, (one full generation).  This would mean they would also be in exile for 3 1/2 years exactly (in the last half of the tribulation), and then Jesus would return at Armageddon, and restore unto them their land again.  (That would be in 2021 or 2022). 
    Once again, I don’t know if I’m right.  I hope I’m not!  I hope Jesus comes today, even before you get this prayer letter!   That would be just fine with me!!! 
    But if correct, it would explain the whole “70 years” thing, and the whole “generation” thing that Jesus said.  This is something worthy of further study, and my motive is not to “date set” but rather to encourage you to study it out more.  Most importantly, I hope it gives you a real sense of urgency to do more for the Lord, as we know he is coming, and he is coming soon!  Even so, come Lord Jesus!  Amen?